The NARSISSIST eyeshadow palette
I can call 2013-2014 the years of the eyeshadow palettes! Every few seconds a new one is launched!
This is the most recent from NARS
It is called “NARSissist” featuring 15 eyeshadow colors to create unlimited eye looks
What does NARSissist mean?
NARSissist (NARS∙is∙sist) (n.) – lives by her own rules, not afraid to express herself in every look, mood or attitude. Effortlessly captivating with a bottomless makeup bag.
This palette is a new favorite of mine. I can say that this palette, smashbox full exposure & lorac palettes are my absolute favorites.
- All About Eve I: a flesh-toned neutral (permanent)
- Ashes to Ashes: a shimmery violet-based brown (permanent)
- Fez: a velvety cocoa (permanent)
- Bad Behavior: a deep pewter (limited edition; Guy Bourdin holiday collection)
- Bali: a neutral matte brown (permanent)
- Brousse II: a shimmery blackened violet (permanent)
- Coconut Grove: a deep brown infused with reflective particles (permanent)
- Dogon II: a charcoal black (permanent)
- Madrague I: a matte cream (permanent)
- Madrague II: a matte caramel (permanent)
- Belissima I: a shimmering beige with subtle glitter (permanent)
- Mekong: an espresso infused with gold (permanent)
- Lhasa: a lavender grey (permanent)
- Pandora II: a matte black (permanent)
- Nepal: a soft, sheer rose (permanent)
It has fantastic must have basic colors such as brown, black and beige (in both matte & shimmery finishes). It then goes to the sultry colors to create dramatic eyes such as bronze, violets, gold, shimmering grey. Even for a makeup artist, the looks that can be created with this palette combinations are endless. I noticed that the colors are balanced: you get the light colors, medium & dark as well.
Since many of these colors are from the permanent line, you can purchase some on their own if you didn’t want the palette. But if you want to make your life easier you can get the palette.
I also noticed that the palette is smaller than what I expected. It seemed bigger online. But the eyeshadows inside are workable.
Overall, I’m absolutely in love with the palette’s color combinations, pigmentation, and color payoff (if worn with eye primer).
What I didn’t like about it is how it did not have any names of the eyeshadow on the palette. This makes it hard to refer to a color when asked. It is a great palette to have, and super great/lightweight for traveling.